New 2012 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition Debuts as Tribute to US Military Members
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Our Jeep dealers in New York have recently added the Jeep brand to our family! Jeep has created the new Jeep Wrangler Freedom as a tribute for the U.S. military members and we couldn't be more thrilled. This new Jeep model is available in three colors: red, white, and blue now available in Jeep showrooms, like our Jeep dealers in Long Island.
Source: PR Newswire
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Wrangler Freedom edition harkens back to Jeep brand's military roots
- Red, White and Blue Wrangler Freedom edition now available in Jeep showrooms
- All 2012 Jeep Wrangler models powered by 3.6-liter V-6 engine producing 285 horsepower, with fuel economy up to 21 mpg
- $250 from each Wrangler Freedom edition sold to be donated to military charities
- Chrysler Group LLC offers a $500 cash allowance to eligible consumers through its 'Military Bonus Consumer Cash' program
- Jeep Wrangler sales up 34 percent in 2012 with all-time record in May
More than 70 years ago, the U.S. government informed automakers that it was looking for a "light reconnaissance vehicle" for military use. Willys-Overland quickly created the Willys Quad – which became the Willys MA and MB – but the Army, and the world, came to know the vehicle that would help win a world war as the Jeep®.
As a tribute to U.S. military members past and present, the Jeep brand has created the new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Freedom edition. Available in red, white or blue, the new Jeep Wrangler Freedom edition features a military-inspired star decal on the hood and rear quarter panels, along with an "Oscar Mike" (military jargon for "on the move") fender badge.
For the full press release, click here.
Visit our Long Island Jeep dealers for your next new Jeep or browse our Suffolk County used cars and Nassau County used cars. At our Jeep dealer in New York you will receive wonderful customer service and salesmen knowledgeable in each new Jeep. For more information, fill out our contact form.